Waiting

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our granddad was doing so well at GWD Rehabilitation Center the past two weeks after a three week stay in the hospital. We actually hoped he would be coming home this week. He was doing so well in fact, that after re-thinking our planned vacation to Vegas this past weekend, we decided to go. Especially since we had his usual caretakers that could oversee everything. [my dad - well, and mom - were only children. My mom's parents passed away, my dad's mom passed away, and then my dad passed away in 2008. So really our "immediate family" consists of my grandfather, my mom, my sister, my half-brother, and myself] We are very fortunate to have wonderful help though! They are also like family to us] We get back from our trip on Sunday and Papa had been re-admitted to the hospital. The mass/obstruction in his stomach was causing extreme pain. They did a colonoscopy and ordered immediate surgery. This is something everyone was trying to avoid because he has a weak heart from triple bypass years ago.

So that's where we are now - the surgery waiting room. He went back at 7:30am and they just called at 8:30 and said they had begun and everything was going fine. Good news so far. Praise the Lord.

We've been praying non stop, and would appreciate your prayers too. All in all, we know it's all in the Lord's hand. Papa is definitely one tough cookie - he lost his wife of over 50 years and his only son. He has been through so much and yet his faith and trust in the Lord never waivers. He kept saying over and over "It's all in the Lord's hands now". He is such a sweet man, devoted Christian, an inspiration, and our everything.

Thanks for all the prayers!

*also, let me just add that Self Memorial Hospital has been amazing. The doctors and nurses have been wonderful and I have such respect for all of you nurses. Doctors and nurses are certainly handpicked for such a special job. Don't know how you do it!

2 comments:

  1. what a little cutie pie your grandpa is...saying a prayer for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! We always joke about my sister, Courtney, being his favorite. It's funny how he's smiling up at her in this photo :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019