Ahoy Matey! Cade's 3rd Birthday Party!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

When thinking about how to celebrate Cade's third birthday, I had two things in the front of my mind. 1. We could be moving or getting settled into a new home. No way we could have his party at either house. Chaos. 2. I am pregnant, tired, and knew I physically couldn't put as much effort into a party like I did last year just due to that fact and also everything we have had going on (packing up an entire house, working like crazy, etc...) So I began to search for fun, new places to have an easy birthday party. Somewhere we had never been before. The Children's Museum of the Upstate in Greenville (about 45 min away from us) popped into mind because I had been wanting to take Cade there for a while.

Their birthday packages were surprisingly reasonable compared to other places (Chuck E Cheese, Jumping Jax, etc...) so I decided to book and let them handle EVERYTHING. They do the cupcakes (you can bring a cake), the pizza, the tableware, the decor (you can pick themes, pirates was our pick!), drinks, everything. You can add on extras too. Music to my ears. The package also includes museum entry for all kids and adults to play as long as you want that day. We also kept it very small, basically just family and the kids at his daycare. We hoped everyone would understand this year due to circumstances. So all I had to do was grab a cake from Publix and a few Jake & the Neverland Pirates favors/extra plates from Party City and I was d.o.n.e. This made for one happy mama and the Lord knew exactly what he was doing because what happened?? We just so happened to be MOVING into our new house that weekend. Um yeah, just a tad bit chaotic.


My little "pirate" ready to party. He looks so grown!!


Cade's last birthday party as a family of three. Next year he will have his baby brother to party with him!


He's such a ham...


and he also looks JUST LIKE his Aunt Monk (Monica). I mean 100% McClain right here...
He could pass for her child more than mine, I swear.


Time to blow out the candles...



After some pizza and a fun pirate adventure activity, the kids began to explore the museum.
Cade loved the Reedy River exhibit...


Fun with Uncle Mack and Aunt Coco!


Charles (my mom's bf), mom, Mack, Coco, and Cade


Cade is certainly blessed with two awesome aunts who both love him soooo much!


Also what is wrong with this picture? Three men standing there while Aunt Coco "helps Cade change a tire". BAH.


The Bi-Lo sponsored grocery store legit may have been his favorite. Look at that tongue! He was serious about his shopping...(hmmm wonder where he gets that from?)


The three amigos. 


How did we not get any pics with Mimi & Papa??? Pregnancy brain, I apologize, then my camera died. Oops, but it was a fun day with wonderful family and friends. 
Thankful for everyone who came out and made Cade's party so fun!!!



Even if you don't do a party there, take your little ones to TCM of the Upstate
We had kiddos ranging in age from 2-7 and they ALL had a blast, found lots to do. It really is great for all ages. They will love. Thank you TCM for an awesome day...and making this mama's life a lot easier. We will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019