home sweet home: charlie's nursery

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I posted this sneak peek of Charlie's nursery on Instagram last week and thought I would share more since it is mostly finished and ready for our littlest to arrive!

Can't wait for him to wear his brother AND daddy's precious hand-me-downs.
Yep, can you believe the little outfit on the far left was Chad's? His mom found a stash of adorable jon jons recently and they were all in almost perfect condition. Be still my heart.


I have loved planning his nursery for months now. Just can't believe he will be here in a few shorts week to enjoy it.


Now I am by no means a great designer when it comes to all things home, but I loved scouring home decor sites for deals (almost everything purchased for his nursery was on sale and/or purchased with my cc reward points) and we were also blessed to re-use Cade's crib and glider, which I knew I would whether we had boy or girl. I tried to keep everything neutral from the get go. I wanted a fresh, crisp, more subtle not-so-babyish look that could grow with him...(and something totally different than Cade's nursery) especially after seeing how incredibly fast they really do grow. I will blink and this will turn into his "big boy room". Have mercy

For now, I am going to soak in the sweet smells of baby powder, Noodle & Boo lotion, and ahem...not so much the dirty diapers, no. (glad we saved the Diaper Genie!)





I knew this handpainted sign was a must-have as soon as I spotted it on Susie Harris' Instagram.  My dad absolutely loved music. He sang, {tried to} play guitar, wrote songs, and even recorded his own gospel album. Anytime you went into his auto body shop, you heard the classics blaring. I'm talking the good stuff. Waylon, Johnny, George. CCR, Van Morrison, The Doobie brothers, The Rolling Stones.

My love for those classics runs deep and luckily I married a man who shares the same love (and plays them all on acoustic guitar). This is by far one of our favorite songs and since we're also both lovers of the salt and the sea also, it just made perfect sense to have these particular song lyrics in Charlie's nursery. Obsessed.




FYI: if you're looking into the Ikea Hemnes dresser in blue, this photo does not do it justice. The dresser looks more stark blue in these pics, but it's actually a bit more dull navy in person. I love it and it was a true labor of love for my husband. Seriously took him about six full hours one Sunday afternoon. Bless him. Still not done with this wall gallery either, but thankful my sis could snap a few pics on the beach that I'll cherish forever. More to come!


The babe's closet, which is basically a hodge podge mess of extra diapers (praise the Lord!) and way too many clothes. We put Cade's nursery Ikea Malm chest of drawers in the closet too. Tons of storage, which I love. Just a little more work to do to organize it all :)


Excuse the windblown curtain look since the air vent is right under the one to the left


Also need to add something over this oar. Any ideas?


A photo of my dad when he was little, in the same frame it's been in for probably close to 50 years. Yes, it's broken but I will just never change it. So special to me and I can't wait to see if baby Charlie looks like his namesake.


37 weeks today, Charlie is FULL TERM, and our bags are packed. I can't believe it.
Whew, we pulled it off after all.

Now to just sit back (inside in the cool a/c of course) and wait to meet our sweet boy!


sources:

// crib, glider, white shelf: from Cade's nursery //

// dresser: Ikea Hemnes Dresser in Blue //

// crib bedding : Serena & Lily //

// crib sheet: Pottery Barn Outlet - no longer available online //

// blackout curtains & hardware: Pottery Barn Kids //

// orb rope light fixture: RH Baby & Child //

// wooden wall monogram (that I stained "Driftwood"): The Monogram Company  //

// hand painted van morrison lyrics: Susie Harris //

// bookcase, pillow, and toiletries organizers on dresser: TJ Maxx //

// fisherman lamp: PB Kids , but I got mine at PB Outlet //

// clothes hamper: Joss & Main //

// oar hooks: Kirklands //

// distressed photo frames: Hobby Lobby //

// changing pad cover: Target //

// gingham monogrammed boppy cover: PB Outlet //

// diaper bag: major sale (um, $14.99!) at PB Outlet //

// wall color: Sherwin Williams Amazing Gray //

8 comments:

  1. um...this nursery is AMAZING! seriously. it looks great. priority number one when i'm in the DeeDub this weekend..."see charlie's nursery in person." and cade looks just like is papa charlie, so i'm sure baby charlie will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! It's beautiful! What about a round mirror above the oars? A rope one or a rustic wooden one would look good I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea!!!! I think I saw one at good ol' Hob Lob. Must look again soon (as I'm out and about trying to walk this baby out. HAHA)

      Delete
  3. It turned out great!!! Baby will love it, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I missed this but his nursery looks amazing!!! You did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl, I am just ready to have sweet boy IN IT! Can not wait!!!!! He will be here this week :) :) :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

copyright @sandimcclain 2019